About Me

My photo
My Husband and I have the blessing of raising four boys. Here I hope to log our memories, high and low points!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kyle is sick.

We got Caleb dropped off at camp on Sunday eve July 6th and brought the new Wii Fit game home. The other three boys were thrilled and played it for a while after supper. Kyle played most of the evening. At bed time he came to me and said he didn't feel that well. He had a fever of 102. I gave him Motrin and put him to bed. The next morning was Monday. I don't work Mondays so if we need to go to the doctor, it better be today. I got him and appointment and in we went. We got to see Cindi Burr rather then our regular doctor, doctor Smith. Kyle tested negative for strep throat which was good, he had sinus problems off and on the past week and she said he was very swollen so she gave him a prescription for amoxicillin for a sinus infection. Great. The next day he still had a fever and at night it was 102-103 again but he also started getting a rash of some sort by the evening. Other then that he felt fine. The next day still a low grade fever but more what we thought was hives. I was OK with waiting out the fever but not to sure about the hives. He was suppose to leave on Friday with Grandpa and Grandma Hanssen and his cousins for the Ozarks. He did not want to miss that. I called Cindi and discussed this challenge. We did decided that it was the hives. I had taken a digital picture of the rash and emailed it to her. Isn't modern technology wonderful? She thought he may be having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin so we took him off that medication. Start Zithromax tomorrow morning. We did that. Still low grade fever and hives. Benedryl seemed to be the best bet for the hives. I talked to Cindi again on Thur and she said to bring him in on Fri to make sure we weren't missing anything. The end result, let it run its course, if his lips swell run to the emergency room. He can go to the lake. Moniter the hives and judge what he can and can't do by break outs. He was Happy he got to climb into the Van with everyone. Fever was gone hives still present. Nothing benedryl won't be able to handle. I gave my Mom the option to have him stay here if she didn't want to deal with the craziness of it. She said she wanted him to go, bless her heart. She is a trooper to take on Six grand kids and all the challenges that goes along with the fun. They were in for a fun trip.

1 comment:

Eric and Pam said...

what happened??? is he alright now?