
FUN at the Pool. LETS TUBE!
It was a full week. June 27th -July 5th. Our days usually consisted of sleeping in, having a late breakfast then boating- which included tubing for all of us, water skiing, and knee boarding. Either riding the Sea Doo or swimming at the pool after a late lunch. Then usually boating again until the sun set.

Relaxing!!!!!! Silas AND Dad driving the boat
Hanging out on the boat
We enjoyed parking in a quiet cove and swimming as well. There is one with a little beach on the shore line the boys liked to swim over too. As I was sitting on the back of the boat watching them with my feet dangling in the water I started to notice a ton of Blue Gill fish just swim up to my toes. I stuck in my fingers and let them nibble them. The boys swam over and just floated still. We started throwing in some crumbs from snack we had and they just swam all around them. It was really cool. There were at least 20 fish around. I took off and swam with Silas over to the beach and the boys kept trying to grab a fish and catch it while hanging out in the water there. All of a sudden Caleb screeched. He said a big cat fish swam up and scared him to death. It was funny. He knew it was a cat fish because he saw its whiskers. I wasn't to sure about putting his feet back in the water at that point.
Trying to catch the fish
Silas enjoyed stopping the boat and swimming in the lake. I liked tubing with mom and going "medium speed" I liked tubing with Silas because it was a good guarantee I wouldn't be thrown from the tube. ;) He enjoyed pretending to water ski and knee board. If we let him he would have tried it for real. We told him he needed a few more birthdays.


Silas practicing knee boarding Tubing with MOM

Silas Skiing!
Kyle tried water skiing again this year and made it for the first time this year. That was very exciting. Seth tried as well and made it to a crouched position for about 20 feet. He did make it on the knee board and really enjoyed that. I even skied on one, once. It is sooo much fun!The lake was very quiet before the fourth of July crowd hit. Such perfect conditions and beautiful. While there I often ask my self "why don't we live on the lake?" I think reality would show up if we lived there.


Kyle water skiing Caleb Water skiing

Seth Knee boarding
We were blessed with a visit from our true friends Joy and her daughter Paige on Monday- Thur morning. They were back in Iowa visiting from Sacramento for a couple weeks and decided to share part of their vacation with us. We had a great time catching up and enjoying each others company. I was thrilled to have some more females around besides just me for a few days. Joys did some awesome skiing like a real pro and Paige kept the boys company on the tubes. We did miss Rusty and their son Caleb who were back in California visiting college campuses and playing a bit in southern California.


Joy and Heidi Paige

Heidi and Chris
My parents were able to join us Thur night. The boys couldn't wait to show them all the cool things they could do on the water. Dad's back was hurting so he had to take it easy. Mom made home made ice cream on the fourth which we all enjoyed of course. The boys hung out at the pool most of that day and we did some boating later in the day. That evening Grandma made the boys their favorite "Grandma's Tacos" and then grilled fillets for the adults. Great supper. Then Chris and I and the boys went down to the boat and sat and watched fire works over the lake that everyone was light off. You didn't know which way to look because there were so many cool ones to look at. Then all four boys got on the hot dog tube, which was tied to the boat in the boat dock and oared out into the lake. They had an Great view. It was really awesome!
The whole week was wonderful and relaxing. It was a fabulous way to spend a week away. Fun was had by all!
1 comment:
It was so fun to read and see pictures about your lake vacation! Makes me recall how much fun we had at the lake as kids. You're making memories for you little ones now, Heid. So glad you got to get away and have some true, uninterrupted family time.
Post a Comment