About Me

My photo
My Husband and I have the blessing of raising four boys. Here I hope to log our memories, high and low points!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Fun

Over the weekend we got out the little kiddie pool. Seth was begging for it and amazingly all the boys enjoyed it. Who wouldn't with 90 degree weather with almost 100% humidity. They played in that thing all weekend from running and jumping to setting up the swing to drop into it(that was Dad's idea). I will include a video when I figure out how to do that exactly. We went to the baseball game in Cedar Rapids Friday night with Chris' work. It was so much fun. We get to sit in the pavallion with picnic tables together and watch the game with his co-workers. The thing we love is that we get all the food and drink we want all through the game. We PIG out and love it. The Kernals won and everyone went home on a sugar high. The younger two fell a sleep in the car on the way home and fun was had by all!! We did have some storms over the weekend. Mom and Dad lost the crab apple tree in their front yard to the wind. It snapped off right at the bottom. That was the only loss. Dad said it had a weak part in it at the base so that is why it probably fell over. Crazy. I took the boys to get their pictures taken yesterday. Silas needed his 4 year picture and I had the boys sit through a sitting together as well. It was an adventure and I was very pleased with the photographer. He was great. His name was Christopher and it was at JC Penny's at North Park. It was hard to pick what pictures, Silas looked so cute in all of them! Glad I got it done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, got your message about watching the Cubs game. I was very surprised to hear your voice on the answering machine. Ryan was racing the entire weekend, but I played the message for him later. How nice for you all to be thinking about us. Glad to see you starting this thing. I'll have to remember to check it often. Sounds like a great idea. I might have to start one of my own.

Take care

Kim

Marsha said...

I found you!!! Awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! We need more on the lives of the Hoffmans! =)
Hope you guys had a great weekend!
-Michelle