About Me

My photo
My Husband and I have the blessing of raising four boys. Here I hope to log our memories, high and low points!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The past weeks activities

Well Caleb and Kyle have been keeping busy with College for kids, and the YSF golf program. They have been enjoying both. Caroline has been watching them and they have spent some time with Tina while Caroline is gone on vacation as well. That is all going great as we adjust to the new summer schedule. We have experienced a 500 year flood and feel blessed that we have not experienced any loss. Chris' office building is surrounded by water in Cedar Rapids but he is fortunate enough to be able to keep working from home. They haven't lost a beat I hear. Their offices are on the 5th -8th floors so that is good, just can't get to them. The loss people are experience is devastating. So sad. The Mississippi is flooding in Muscatine, the water is up to the Hotel's front doors ( where my office is) We can still go in the side entrance and are on the third floor so we get to sit and watch the river rise and fortunately now fall gradually. The boys and I headed to the Ozarks over the last weekend. We had fun. Lots of fishing during the rain and after, which meant lots of fish for Grandpa to clean! As soon as he would get a fish off the hook someone else would yell - "I Got ONE" What a fun memory. There was enough sunshine to swim and tube and do some fun rides on the wave runner. I really do enjoy it there! Silas thought he wanted to stay at the condo, "I want to stay here, it has everything I like, I don't think I will go home" He will get to go back soon enough. He even enjoyed the tubing. He swam with his brothers and fished as well. We had a good visit with Lynda while there as well, our long time family friend. Always good to catch up with here. Another week of college for kids winding up and the usual house cleaning and yard mowing. That is enough to keep us busy!

No comments: